I have missed you and your crisp air, sweater weather, and pumpkin everything.
I don't know about you, but fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler air and the need to dress in layers. Call me crazy for wishing away summer, but there just comes a point when I have had enough of the hot sun burning my skin and the constant wear of sweat. I'm just done. And that is one of my favorite things of living in Wisconsin, experiencing all the seasons. It's like a sampler platter at your favorite restaurant. You get a little bit of everything: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. And like every sampler platter, you always get the most of the one thing you don't really 'love' - which is also known as winter. Winter is always too long, and cold...but let's not go there quite yet.
Cause right now it's Autumn!!
So let's do our best to soak it up. I'm sharing our Fall-Do list with you. A list of things Karl and I want to be intentional about doing this season. We display it in our kitchen so we see it every day, and it helps remind us to make time for the things we want to do while we have the chance to do them
So in no particular order:
- Camping: Fall camping is my FAVORITE time to camp. It's so cold, and you wear blankets over flannels over sweatshirts constantly. Practically never leaving the fire. It's a chance to just sit and rest, and drink never-ending hot chocolate. It's the absolute best. (Tip: If you camp in a tent with an air mattress. Bring an extra sleeping bag or blanket to buffer between the air mattress and you. The air in the mattress draws from the cool air in the ground resulting in you waking up with the chills. Thus making fall camping un-fun).
- Apple Picking: I have actually NEVER been apple picking, so this year I finally want to live out this dream.
- A Cozy Day In With Pumpkin Spice Lattes: One of our wedding gifts from some wonderful family was an espresso maker. Every year we perfect our at-home latte making skills, and I think we have finally nailed the PSL! So on cooler days, one of our favorite things to do is binge a TV show, or have a movie marathon. We just completed the Fast and Furious movies, and next up is the Mighty Ducks. Reliving some childhood memories over here!!
- Colorful Leaves: Fall is so pretty with all its colors, and I look forward to it every year.
- Bike Ride: We love biking! While we were camping at Point Beach State Park this summer, we discovered the bike trail from Two Rivers to Manitowoc. We only did part of it while we camped, so this fall we want to bike the full 12 miles!
- Bake Pies: Pies are my favorite. Pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, rhubarb pie, raspberry pie, peach pie...I just love pie. I'm not much of a baker though, just an eater, so this year I want to challenge myself to baking one! (Fun Fact: We strayed from tradition and had pie at our wedding!)
- Frisbee Golf: My husband loves sports. He's athletic and competitive. And well, I am not. I don't enjoy watching sports, playing sports, or really even hearing about sports. So we are kind of limited in the area of doing 'sporty' things that Karl loves to do. One, and maybe the only thing, though is Frisbee Golf!! I LOVE Frisbee Golf. I'm very bad at it, but I really enjoy it! I find it so quirky, I absolutely adore the genius who put the two ridiculous sports together to make something way awesome! So with cooler weather coming, we do have to take advantage of outside fun while we can.
- Carve Pumpkins: Cause it's fall and oven-toasted seeds are the best.
- Have a Picnic: Picnics are not just for summer. In fact I think it's even more enjoyable in the fall. The air is fresher, the sun isn't as harsh. It's the perfect ingredients for an enjoyable meal at a new scenic spot, in the middle of the woods, or a favorite park. Maybe i'll pack one of our pies!
- Host a Campfire: Drink up all the leftover summer goods, light the wood, and cozy up with blankets and friends. It's the best way to end the outside activities.
So that's that. Happy Autumn everyone!
I would love to know what's on your Fall-Do list, let me know in the comments below :D