I love to travel and am constantly dreaming up new places I hope to see. I love exploring new sights, tasting local foods, and being a tourist pretending to be a native. I soak it all up. When I'm within a new culture, or a new place, I soak it all up. I breathe in all there is to see and dream of when I can experience the wonder and joy all over again. I've been able to visit a few places off my bucket list, but there are still so many places I really hope to travel to.
So short and sweet, here is my current top 10 places I'm dreaming of these days (in no particular order):
1) Ireland: The real question is who doesn't want to go here. I've always been drawn to Ireland's beauty in pictures and would love to see it in person.
2) Prince Edward Island: Anne of Green Gables anyone? My dream is to travel there with my mom and sister, who I spent most of my childhood pining of Gilbert Blythe with.
3) Spain: I have a friend from Spain who I met in college while she was studying abroad here in the US. I loved learning about her country and would love to experience it with her!
4) France: Bonjour! I studied French in college, and since learning the language I have wanted to visit its country. While I would love to see the iconic Eiffel Tower, I really just want to walk the streets eating the food and drinking the wine, all while pretending to be a local with my rough French speaking skills. ;)
5) Hawaii: Okay, so technically I have already been to Hawaii. But there is just so much to do and never enough time! I dream of returning to this paradise and eating shave ice for daays!
6) Iceland: I want to walk on glaciers, soak in a geothermal pool, and photograph the Northern Lights. Yeah, Iceland will be a good one!
7) Thailand: Thailand has been on my list for quite some time. It's got the beaches, the food, and hello elephants and ostriches!
8) South Africa: I spent a month in Ghana, and am simply in love with African culture. Between South Africa's history, natural beauty, and wildlife this is one country I definitely want to travel to.
9) Seattle: My parents went to Seattle for 30th wedding anniversary, and they loved it! They took the train out there and had a wonderful time in the city. I would like to venture on to the San Juan Islands, and do some whale watching.
10) Australia: Ever since I learned about Marsupials, and that they came from 'the land down under', I've wanted to visit this marvelous country.
So that's my list! Where have you been dreaming of visiting these days?